Volunteering & Employment
Help Promote Independence For People With Disabilities
Start your journey with Ability Montana
Job Title: Independent Living Specialist
Effective Date: November 17, 2022
Bozeman Office- 2015 Charlotte Street Suite 2
HYBRID WORK MODEL- Work from office and at home after initial training is completed.
Full Time Position
Hourly Salary- $20.00 DOE
Federal Holidays Paid
- Encompass Ability Montana’s mission of “Empowering Independence for People with Disabilities”. This position allows autonomy to meet our five core services:
- Information and Referral – assist with finding and providing information to individuals and families
- Independent Living Skills Training – facilitate workshops, work with individuals on personal goals of independent living
- Peer Support
- Individual and Systems Advocacy- focusing efforts on accessibility, self-determination, choice, self-advocacy, systems advocacy, etc.
- Transition Services- supporting individuals with transition out of high school or from an institution.
- This position requires extensive community outreach, group meetings, etc. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Daily data entry on activities/ outreach/ classes, etc is required.
Education and Experience:
One (1) year of direct experience providing, planning and/or coordinating services for persons living with disabilities or senior citizens; and familiarity with the needs of these populations for assistance with self-care and activities of daily living. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Licenses, Certifications, Registration:
Valid Montana driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance to be provided at expirations if the position requires driving.
To apply, please email your resume to IL Manager Lacey Keller
People with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply
Ability Montana Get Involved
Our Knowledge Base
Keep up to date on the latest systems advocacy news from across Montana and the nation and see how you can become an advocate.
Join Our Peer Network
Peer support is vital for personal and community growth. See how you can join in and support peers in Montana living with disabilities.
Want to stay up-to-date on all things Ability Montana? Check out our calendar of community events, classes, and services here.
Do you have questions about how to get involved or need more information about donations? Reach out to us today—we’re happy to help!
Donate to Ability Montana
Each and every donation goes directly into programs that advocate and promote independence for people living with disabilities in our communities.
Stay in the Know
Register for a Ability Montana account and join our mailing list to receive updates on the latest Ability Montana news.